Olympia, WA

Find alternatives to calling the Olympia Police Department.

Typically, people call the police because they are experiencing or perceive an emergency and need immediate assistance. In order to provide the most effective alternatives to calling the police or 911, unless otherwise indicated, the resources included here are limited to those that offer immediate assistance through emergency or crisis services.

These resources may be obligated to call police in the case of an immediate risk of harm to the caller or another, child abuse, or abuse of a vulnerable adult. Where we know or suspect that a resource may work in cooperation with law enforcement or involve them beyond what is required by law, we acknowledge that in the listing.

These resources are not intended to cover all situations, only to provide the services described. If you are in danger of immediate harm and feel safe doing so, call 911.


  • 211
    • Free, confidential directory connecting callers to resources for emergency shelter, utility assistance, childcare, food resources, and more throughout Washington state. Website also has a searchable directory.
    • 211 or 1 (877) 211-9274


Coming soon.

Mental Health

  • The Crisis Clinic
    • 24/7 service offering these services to callers: Emotional support/Assistance in identifying problems/Locating resources/Identifying steps to resolve problems. Confidential, anonymous and immediate response, at no cost, to Thurston and Mason County residents
    • (360) 586-2800 (adults)
    • (360) 586-2777 (teens and youth)

Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault

  • SafePlace Olympia
    • Operates 24 hours a day and is available to support domestic violence and sexual assault survivors through crisis intervention, advocacy and safety planning. offers free and confidential services to people who have experienced all forms of domestic and sexual violence and abuse. A survivor can choose to use as many or as few services as they would like. Does not operate any mandatory services and any services can be declined at any time.
    • (360) 754-6300 (24/7)
  • Turning Pointe
    • Domestic violence shelter for men, women, and families. Shelter for up to 90 days. Offers housing referrals and assistance finding employment. Continues to provide advocacy and supportive services after survivors transition to more permanent housing for as long as they are in need. 24-hour crisis support line. Pets welcome.
    • (360) 432-1212 (call or text, 24/7)


Please note, people answering these calls may be mandatory reporters, and required to make a report to CPS or law enforcement in certain situations. Learn about local mandatory reporter laws here.

  • Monarch Children’s Justice & Advocacy Center*
    • Works to reduce the incidence and impact of child abuse by providing a coordinated, multidisciplinary response to victims of child abuse and their families. This response includes prevention, investigation, prosecution, and treatment and includes community partners who are experts in those areas.
    • (360) 923-1884,
    • *Please note this resource partners with local police


Coming soon.


Coming soon.


Coming soon.

Please consider using these alternatives to calling the Olympia Police Department or 911 when faced with a situation that calls for de-escalation and/or intervention.

We have tried to indicate where police or law enforcement may work with the alternative resources listed; please let us know if you have any concerns about these resources.

Reimagine public safety. Don’t call the police.

Suggest an edit to this page.