Find alternatives to calling the London Police Service.
Typically, people call the police because they are experiencing or perceive an emergency and need immediate assistance. In order to provide the most effective alternatives to calling the police or 911, unless otherwise indicated, the resources included here are limited to those that offer immediate assistance through emergency or crisis services.
Where we know or suspect that a resource may work in cooperation with law enforcement, we acknowledge that in the listing.
These resources are not intended to cover all situations, only to provide the services described. If you are in danger of immediate harm and feel safe doing so, call 911.
- London CAReS*
- Street outreach – an alternative to police for people seeking assistance for a person experiencing homelessness who seems to be experiencing distress
- (519) 667-2273
- *Please note: this resources works in cooperation with law enforcement
- PFLAG London
- (519) 686-7691
- Canada Mental Health Association*
- ReachOut 24/7 Mobile Response Team
- (519) 433-2023
- Please note: CMHA will call for police support if staff deem it warranted.
Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
- 24-Hour Crisis Helpline
- (519) 642-3000
- Toll free: 1 (800) 265-1576
- Carrefour de Femmes du Sud-Ouest de L’Ontario
- Francophone helpline for abuse and sexual assault victims
- (519) 858-0954
- 1 (877) 336-2433 (24-Hour)
- Zhaawanong – Atlohsa Family Healing Services
- Zhaawanong offers 24 hour emergency shelter for First Nations women and their children who are at high risk of further abuse in the family home. Here we provide a safe and supportive healing environment, as well as intervention and crisis counseling for women and their children. Priority to indigenous women and families.
- 1 (800) 605-7477 (24/7 Crisis Line)
Please note, people answering these calls may be mandatory reporters, and required to make a report to CPS or law enforcement in certain situations. Learn about local mandatory reporter laws here.
- Seniors Safety Line
- 1 (866) 299-1011
Please consider using these alternatives to calling the London Police Service, local law enforcement, or 911 when faced with a situation that calls for de-escalation and/or intervention. We can abolish the police by not calling the police.
We have tried to indicate where police or law enforcement may work with the alternative resources listed; please let us know if you have any concerns about these resources.
Reimagine public safety. Don’t call the police.